Coppell Cares provides healthy snacks to students who need them throughout the school year. Please leave them in the bin marked “Coppell Cares.” Click here for a complete list.
Coppell Cares Weekend Backpack Program
The goal of the Coppell Cares Weekend Backpack Program is to help eliminate food insecurity for the children who attend CISD schools. This program, under the Coppell Cares umbrella, provides nutritious breakfast, lunch and snack items to eligible CISD children (and siblings) to feed these children over the weekend during the school year when they are not receiving meals at school. Kids in Mission pack the weekend backpack items and then adult volunteers deliver bins of the bags to each participating CISD school who distribute the bag to each child to take home on Fridays. Items needed are listed below. Please leave on the metal shelf in Wesley Hall.
- Individually packaged Peanut Butter Crackers
- 100% Fruit Snacks or Rollups (minimal sugar added)
- No sugar added Individual Applesauce or Fruit Cups
- Individual Serving Oatmeal packets
- 100% Juice Boxes (no sugar added)
- Boxed or Individual Serving Macaroni & Cheese
- Single Serving Cheez-its or Pretzels
- Single Serving Trail Mix
- Single Serving Raisins
- Single Serving Microwave Popcorn
- Low sugar Protein, Granola or Cereal Bars
- 5 oz cans of tuna
- 10 oz cans of soup