With the current economic situation we know that even more families will need help this summer. Metrocrest Social Services, our partner for this program, is constrained with the number of families they/we can serve this year. Hopefully we can step up and fill that gap for the families in CISD that need assistance at this time. In order to serve as many families as needed this summer, we need your HELP!
You can HELP feed these families in multiple ways:
- Support this mission with your donation dollars (click here to give online and select Mission of the Month for the fund, make checks payable to FUMC with memo “SSH” or you can TEXT 2 GIVE. Text FUMCC to 73256. You will receive a link and simply follow the instructions)
- Participate as a member of the Shopping team. This is a new approach to obtain the food that we need for program and will begin May 4. Click here to sign up.
- Participate as a member for the Packing team. This team will pack groceries for the first two weeks and last week of the summer program and as needed from June 2-August 4 to pack supplemental food. This team will begin on May 18. Click here to sign up.
- Participate as a member of the Delivery teams. These teams deliver food to families in the program on Saturdays, May 23-August 9. Click here to sign up.
- Participate as a member of our Transport team. This group transports food from the sourcing location to FUMCC. It would be helpful for to have a large truck or SUV. This team will be scheduled as needed bases on arrangements with local suppliers.
Direct questions about the teams to Julia Moomau at Julia_Moomau@yahoo.com. You can reach out to Sally McCurdy anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org with general questions or for more information about any of our CC Food programs.
We look forward to working with you all to help eliminating food insecurity in our community especially in these unusual times. THANKS so MUCH for your help!