Project Transformation (PT) is a ministry of the United Methodist Church, which provides both after-school and summer programs in underserved communities. In the past, FUMC Coppell has supported PT by hosting intern dinners and Family Fun Nights, conducting supply drives, and volunteering to read one-on-one with children. Unfortunately, Project Transformation has had to make the difficult decision to offer virtual programming and supply distribution instead of their usual summer day camp for summer 2020. So, what can we do to help this year?
Donate a “Summer Camp in a Bag”
Now more than ever, children need resources to nurture their mind, body, and spirit. As a response to this need, PT is seeking to provide each family participating in the program with a “Summer Camp in a Bag”. PT’s goal is that these bags, packed with fun and engaging toys and learning activities will encourage play-based learning. In partnership with Toy Maven, PT will distribute pre-packaged supply bags to children two times throughout the summer. The cost of one “Summer Camp in a Bag” is $25.
2. Select the desired quantity.
3. Choose shipping method “Curbside Pickup at The Toy Maven – Forest Lane, Dallas”
4. List FUMC Coppell on the checkout page under “company name.”
5. That’s it! Project Transformation will pick-up your summer camp in a bag directly from Toy Maven and will distribute them on June 4. PT will send you an in-kind donation form to fill out at a later date.
Volunteer to distribute food and supplies at Chapel Hill UMC in Farmers Branch – June 15-18 and June 22-25
PT will distribute a daily grab-and-go meal, as well as program and household supplies to children and family members registered for the summer. Three volunteers are needed each day from 10 am-2 pm during our volunteer weeks to sanitize, organize and distribute supplies and meals. Volunteers must sign a waiver and be willing to have their temperature taken upon arrival in order to serve. You must be between the ages of 18 and 64 to volunteer.
2. Select a day or days within the week(s) that our congregation has signed up to volunteer for, Chapel Hill on 6/15-18, 6/22-25.
3. Use code FUMC COPPELL when prompted.
4. Fill out all required fields.
5. Once you have finished the registration process, you will receive an email with instructions on how to watch an orientation video. Please watch the entire video as it has important health and safety information.
6. Thank you for volunteering with PT this summer! We will see you at 10 am on the day you signed-up for.
Prayer for Project Transformation
Whether or not you are able to serve directly with PT, we invite you to join us in surrounding the children, young adults, staff, and site churches with prayer. Follow PT’s 8-week “Prayer Guide” to pray for God’s transformative power to move this summer. Sign up at Pray with Project Transformation North Texas