Ways to Give at FUMC Coppell
Place cash or check in the offering plate or mail to 420 S. Heartz Rd., Coppell, TX 75019.
Online Portal (one-time or recurring gift)
Go to this page. If you need assistance with setting this up, call Kay Thomas in the church office at 972-462-0471, ext. 211.
Type keyword FUMC1 and the amount you want to give to number 30131. (Example: To give $100, type FUMC1 100.)
FUMC Coppell also accepts offerings through our mobile app, First UMC of Coppell on Play Store or Apple. Or you can also download the app called Givelify for smartphone.
Stock and/or Appreciated Asset Giving
If you wish to give stock gifts to FUMC Coppell by electronic transfer, please follow the procedures outlined below:
1. Contact your financial institution or brokerage firm and inform them that you wish to give a stock gift to your church. They will most likely ask you to submit the request in writing. Direct your broker to transfer the shares of stock to: FUMC Coppell Account at Charles Schwab & Co, Account # 3295-1584 DTC #0164, Code 40.
2. Contact Jackie Campbell, director of Finance, with the following information. (You may send an email or your broker may send a letter.):
Date you initiated the stock transfer with your broker
1. Name of stock you will be transferring
2. Number of shares of stock you will be transferring
3. Where you would like the funds to be applied (For example, general budget or building fund.)
It is important to communicate with the Finance Office because FUMC Coppell will receive a record of the stock receipt and sale from Charles Schwab, but the record will not state your (the donor’s) name. FUMC Coppell will need to know that you donated the stock in order to issue a letter for tax purposes.
Important Year-End Information
The arrival of the stock transfer at Charles Schwab is the event which determines the date of the gift, not the day you contact your broker with instructions to transfer the stock. Please allow ample time for transactions to be completed before the end of the year.