FIT (Faith, Interests, Talents)
Find your FIT in ministry. Prayerfully consider your talents, gifts, passions, as well as God’s call to discern where in the church community you might serve.
Please review the following ways to serve below and then complete the survey online (click here).
If you have questions, contact Alan Hitt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sanctuary (8:30 a.m. and 11:00 a.m.)
- Altar. Serve one month each quarter to clean/polish, change colors (paraments) weekly, and fill candles.
- Pew Pals. Serve on a rotation basis to straighten pews, sharpen pencils, and re-stock envelopes and cards.
- Ushers. Serve on a team, typically one month each quarter.
- Audio/Visual Sound. Operate sound board, set and adjust mics and monitor levels, maintain equipment, and order repairs. Serve on a team, one or more Sundays each month or quarter and for special services.
- Audio/Visual Media. Assist with media projection, including slides and video playback on the screens. Serve on a team one or more Sundays each month or quarter and for special services.
- Advent & Lent. Decorate Sanctuary as needed for the proper season and various services.
- Donut Volunteers in Wesley Hall. Serve monthly at the donut station.
Elevate Modern Worship
- Elevate Café. Serve coffee, donuts, pastries, and smiles each Sunday.
- Elevate Hospitality Team. Make Elevate a warm and friendly experience by opening doors, greeting, ushering, accompanying folks to their campus destination, and helping people find a seat in worship.
- Elevate Tech Team. Be a part of running video, audio, computer, and lighting systems. And who knows, you might make some new friends while you’re at it!
- Connecting Team
- Regular attending guest follow-up
- Quarterly event hospitality hosts
- New Member Friends
- Welcoming Team
- Sunday Sanctuary Greeters, 8:30 a.m. Service
- Sunday Sanctuary Greeters, 11:00 a.m. Service
- Parking Lot Greeters, 9:45 a.m. Service
- Parking Lot Greeters, 11:00 a.m. Service
- Inviting Team
- Event Planners (2 per year)
- Project Coordinators (2 per year)
- Congregational Care
- Voices in Prayer. Serve on the prayer team.
- Cards of Caring. Send cards to people experiencing grief or loss.
- Care Meals. Prepare and take meals to families caring for a loved one.
- Homebound Visitation. Visit people who are unable to attend church.
- Music Librarian. Help one hour per week: label, distribute, collect, store, and repair choir and orchestra music.
- General Volunteers. Help with projects on an “as needed” basis, such Patriotic Pops, Good Friday worship, etc.
- Scrip Sales. Help Sundays from 9:15 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. in Wesley Hall to sell these gift cards that benefit Student Music Ministries. Volunteer one or more Sundays each month or quarter. Current need for first and third Sundays.
- Sunday School Tech Support. Run the sound, computer/DVD/projectors in the Rotunda during elementary Sunday school gathering time from 9:45 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Help one or more Sunday’s per month or quarter.
- Big MAC (Music and Arts Camp) Youth & Adult Volunteers. Camp is August 8 – 11, 2016, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m, for kids entering K – 6th grades. Needed: general help, nursery care, and lead a rotation activity (arts & crafts, instruments, music games, movement, singing, and snacks).
- Adult, Youth, and Children’s Choirs (Singers). No experience required.
- Children’s Choir Rehearsal Helpers.Need high school youth and adults to help at weekly Wednesday rehearsals from 5:30 p.m. to 6:15 p.m.
- Youth Choir Mom/Dad (Adult Helper). Help at weekly Sunday rehearsals from 4:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Handbell Ringers. Children, youth, and adults.
- Selah (Church Orchestra). Students (7th grade and older) and adults. Must have one year’s experience in instrumental music. Meets Sundays from 3:15 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Annual Musical Helpers. Set builders, costume makers, painters, food coordinators, etc.
- Sunday Morning
- Sunday School Teachers at 9:40 a.m. Teach ages 3rd – 5th grade. Commitment is September – May for school term and June – August for summer term.
- Holy Listeners. Need one volunteer each week to assist with children who need a time-out.
- Computer Kiosk Greeter. Need one volunteer from 9:15 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. to greet people and help with check-in.
- Supply Room Organizers. Need two volunteers to keep room organized and maintain list of supplies to order.
- Confirmation Volunteers. Need team teachers, mentors, and event chaperones from August through May.
- Jumpin’ Jehoshaphats (2nd- 3rd grades) and Crazy Christians (4th-5th grades). Chaperone activities on a one-time or monthly rotation. This September through May program meets bi-monthly on Sunday afternoons.
- Loving HANDS (Special Needs Kids)
- Sunday Morning Buddies. Help kids that need a little extra attention (ages 3 – 16).
- Volunteers once a month (September – June). Help with kids (infants – age 16) at this evening program.
- Sunday School Teachers (Grades 7th-8th & 9th-12th)
- Sunday Night Opportunities
- Meal Provider, 4:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Dinner Server, 5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Student Worship Chaperone, 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Wednesday Night Life Groups
- Adult Leaders
- Trip Chaperones (Adults)
- High School (UM ARMY): June 19 – 25, 2016
- Middle School (ROTC): June 27 – July 2, 2016
- Summer Intern Host Family. House FUMC Coppell intern from Lydia Patterson Institute in June and July, 2016.
- Christian Community Action. Need Food Pantry volunteers on Saturdays.
- Austin Street Center. Opportunities to provide and serve meals at homeless shelter.
- One + One (Wilson Elementary). Serve as a mentor for an elementary student.
Wednesday Night Dinner: Good to Go Café
- Volunteer September – May. Help set up and clean.
- Graphic Design. Help as needed to design ministry graphics.
- General Office. Answer phones, stuff envelopes, general office help.
Church Buildings & Grounds