Christian Community Action (CCA) in Lewisville ministers to the poor by feeding, educating, and training families in need. FUMC Coppell supports this agency through donations of household items for the CCA store, food and volunteers for the food pantry, volunteers in the medical clinic, and support of seasonal drives.
Our church works at the Food Panty (200 South Mill Street in Lewisville) on the third Thursday of each month from 5:45 to 7:45 p.m. Click here to sign up.
CCA Food Pantry
FUMC Coppell has begun a focused effort to support local food shortages. More than 42 million Americans, including 1 in 6 children, struggle with food insecurity each day. Hunger exists in every state, county, and congressional district in the United States.
Food pantries, like Christian Community Action (CCA), rely on the donations they receive from churches like us to help keep their shelves stocked. To meet this challenge, we are starting a Faithworks: Let’s Bag Hunger monthly focus. Bags with a list of needed items for the CCA food pantry are available on Sundays in Wesley Hall, Wilkinson Hall, and worship exits. Simply take a bag and fill it up with the products listed below and return to the designated bins in Wesley Hall.
- boxed dinners (hamburger helper, tuna helper, etc.)
- canned peas
Donate to Pantry through Amazon
Log on to www.amazon.com. If you have an account, sign in.
Near the top of the page, you will see a the dropbox that says “All” and dropdown to “Grocery and Gourmet Food” or simply type in “groceries” or even a specific item like “Hamburger Helper” and click the magnifying glass to search. Then you just start shopping, placing items in your “cart”. If you are not a prime member, you can only pick items that do not have prime listed next to the price.
When you are finished shopping, then click “Proceed to Checkout”
Add a new address, be sure to click to “Ship to New Address” so the items go to CCA.
The address is:
Full Name: Christian Community Action – Trent Smith
Address Line 1: 200 South Mill Street
City: Lewisville, TX 75057
Add delivery instructions: “this is a food pantry”
Weekend Delivery – unclick Saturday and Sunday (the pantry is closed those days)
There are various opportunities to serve during the holidays.
- Giving Tree Booth Attendant – great family project for all ages 7 & up, accept toy donations, record in binder, give receipt (November 23-December 22)
- Toy Sorting Elves – teams of up to 10 categorize toy donations for easy access (November 27-29 and December 4-6)
- Wish List Elves – take family wish list, select toys to fill “order”, place in large bag with wrapping paper and gift bows, label bag and place in alpha order to prepare for Toy Distribution Days (December 10-14)
- Indoor Elf Order Taker – take orders and locate large gift bag for families (December 18-20)
- Outdoor Elf Runners – deliver gift bag to families’ vehicles (December 18-20)
Click here to sign up as a volunteer and click participate.
Want more details? Call 972-219-4389.
Church Contact: Sylvia Brown: firstname.lastname@example.org