Coppell Cares, a ministry of FUMC Coppell, helps families and individuals in our community who have needs driven by financial challenges. We uncover needs through our school and community connections and provide adhoc, short-term assistance as well as serve as a resource to direct people to other organizations that provide long-term solutions. We have three teams:
• The School Care Team works with school leaders to help identify children in Coppell schools who need help with food at home, healthy snacks at school or on weekends, activity fees, school supplies, clothing, sport/band needs, etc.
• The Community Care Team works with city leaders and local organizations to help identify households in Coppell (seniors, single parents, families with/without children) who are in need of short-term support.
• The Resource Team coordinates volunteers to support the resource needs identified by the above teams. These may include construction/repairs, career counseling/job coaching, tutoring, tax preparation, sewing/quilting, computers, cooking, CHIP/Children’s Medicaid, occasional childcare, and financial classes. The Resource Team will also make connections with other local organizations that can provide long-term assistance.
Volunteers on the Resource Team to help with lawn mowing, small repairs, and transportation.
Snacks Needed for School Students
Many students in the Coppell School District don’t have the resources to bring snacks to school. Coppell Cares collects snacks for students during the school year. Please leave snacks in the bin marked “Coppell Cares” in Wesley Hall. Contact Brenda Olson at email@example.com.
Important Note: Due to continual changes in manufacturer packaging, please read the ingredient label of all snacks (including those on this list) to ensure that it does not contain any of the following: peanuts/nuts, peanut/nut butter, peanut oil, peanut/nut flour, peanut/nut meal, or any variety of the statements “contains peanuts,” “may contain traces of peanuts/nuts,” or “manufactured in a facility or on equipment that also processes peanuts (an/or other nuts).”
raisins, craisins, fruit snacks (Betty Crocker Brand, Target, Annie’s Organic or Meijer Brand only) NOT KELLOGG
Pretzels, Chips, Crackers, Etc.
popchips, skinny pop popcorn, Smartfood popcorn, veggie sticks, Quaker rice snacks, Roy Gold pretzels, goldfish (pretzel kind), cheetos, pirate’s booty, goldfish, triscuits, wheat thins, saltines, ritz crackers, Barnum’s animal crackers, cheez-its, Annie’s organic snacks, fritos, sun chips (original, sour cream, cheddar), tostitos
nutri-grain bars (apple, cherry, raspberry blueberry), pop tarts
Nabisco graham crackers, Nabisco honey maid graham crackers, Teddy Grahams (cinnamon, honey, chocolate, chocolatey chip, mini flavors), Chips ahoy, Oreos, Rice Crispy Treats, Vanilla wafers
Weekend Backpack Program
- Individually packaged peanut butter crackers
- 100% fruit snacks or rollups (minimal sugar added)
- No sugar added individual applesauce or fruit Cups
- Individual serving oatmeal packets
- 100% juice boxes (no sugar added)
- Boxed or individual serving macaroni & cheese
- Single serving cheez-its or pretzels
- Single serving trail mix
- Single serving raisins
- Single serving microwave popcorn
- Low sugar protein, granola or cereal bars
- 5 oz cans of tuna
- 10 oz cans of soup
Church Contact: Martha Hagan-Smith: firstname.lastname@example.org
Watch how Coppell Cares helps a high school student in need.