We need your help to provide Easter Dinner Baskets for families in need in our community. With the current economic situation due to the Corona Virus outbreak and associated restrictions, we know that many families may be struggling to make ends meet even more than usual. We are having an Easter Dinner Basket Program. With the increased needs we are seeing, we are expecting to feed about 100 CISD families this Easter. Questions,contact Sally McCurdy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Small ham or large chicken (some of our families do not eat pork)
- Scalloped Potatoes
- Bean Salad
- Glazed Carrots
- Deviled Eggs
- Fruit Dump Cake
- 1 dozen plastic Easter eggs filled with candies or trinkets
You can help with this program in a couple different ways:
- A $10 donation will buy a ham or chicken
- A $25 donation will provide the menu above for a family of four
- OR with the limits on item purchases these days, click here for a list of ingredients that we need for this menu so you can buy items as you are shopping for your own groceries (this would be especially helpfully for the canned products, eggs, and cake mix, et al).
- Donate a bag(s) of candy or Easter trinkets to fill the plastic eggs with (we have TONS of plastic eggs so no need to buy those)
- You can pick up a bag of plastic eggs with instructions on how to fill and make it a family project to fill the plastic eggs with candies, trinkets, messages, et al.
We need volunteers to serve communion each month at the 9:30 a.m. worship services in the Sanctuary and Ministry Center. Experience isn’t necessary, and all members are welcome to serve at the Lord’s table. We provide instructions to all who sign up – you will enjoy the blessing of serving and sharing.
Click here to sign up for April 5.
Do you enjoy meeting people?
Then the Donut Group has a job for you! We are in need of volunteers to fill in as regulars and subs. For more information, contact Neva Bell at email@example.com or 214-460-9759.
Check here for ways to serve with local missions.
Check here for ways to serve with global missions